RE: TR futures

To: "TR" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR futures
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:56:47 -0800
I agree with most of these posts, but as for me personally, the main thing
impacting my driving time in the TR4 (250 not anywhere near being back on
the road yet)is the fact that I cannot and will not drive around in it with
our baby.  It's not my wifes choice of vehicles, but I could drive it when I
wanted to.  However, there is no easy means of driving our 6 month old
around, and even if I added belts, etc to it I wouldn't use it for her
because it is nowhere near as safe as the modern cars.  I think,
particularly for younger TR and other classic car owners, this is the main
reason they get sold or parked in the garage to sadly spend most all of
their time.

Now, the only time for me to drive it is to and from work when I am alone,
which I don't do as often as I should.  The 4 was my only car from 16 to
about 23 yrs old and saw lots of hard and fun use.

Hopefully, when my daughter is older, I can begin the $$$$$ resotration of
the TR250 ... Who knows, maybe she will be the exception and want to work on
it with daddy, and a new generation of TR lovers might be nurtured, and may
the cars survive the beginning drivers they will undoubtedly experience.

David R. Hammond
62 TR4 #CT 17780LO
68 TR250 #CD 185LO