Re: TR futures

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:25:01 EST
In a message dated 2/10/05 7:14:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> And that's exactly why our LBC hobby is going to die away, IMO, people
> don't
> feel "safe" without 3 tons of steel cocoon wrapped around them.  Americans
> in particular seem convinced that they can live forever if they're just
> "safe" ...

I have been following this thread with great interest.  I think Randel is
referring to my daily driver, 04 Durango Hemi here and yes I feel safe in it. I
can take my Grand Kids in it no problem. For sure I am burning up that fossil
fuel too! It is Black and no were near Green.  But I still love my Triumph's
and I drive them for pleasure NOT for transportation. Is that a bad thing? I
wax
the heck out each of them as I wash the Hemi maybe once a month. My Grand
Kids love the Triumph's too, they are special. They will sit in their car seat
on
the passenger side, top down and go WEE, arms up in the air, as we drive to
the ice cream shop.  Oh, I am an OLE Hippie type dude too and for me the
pleasure of driving a Triumph just for the heck of it on a nice sunny day will
never
die even when I trade the Hemi in on that Hummer H1 I have been looking at. I
suspect my Grand Kids will one day enjoy driving the Triumphs too, just thru
the countryside on a nice sunny day.
Just a different perspective,
Darrell