Re: TR futures

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: Joe Lynn <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:20:47 -0500
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> The less we have these cars out on the road the fewer people will be
> touched by them and the fewer people will yearn for them as they
> mature.  That my friends translates to fewer homes for our TRs when we
> pass them on.
>
> The moral to my story boys and girls is you want your restored car to
> live on past you, drive it.  Drive it everywhere. Or in the words of
> the rock group Heart "While you're still alive, kick it out!"

My daughter started high school this year & loves it when I pick her up
or drop her off in my TR; it always draws a reaction from a crowd of
kids. I was really surprised earlier this year to hear one kid shout
loudly to his friends "Hey! look, that's a TR3". Other than at club
events I've only seen another '3 on the road once in the past two years.
But this kid obviously had a connection with them from somewhere.

The kids in my neighborhood beg for a ride every time they see me out in
it. I usually indulge them for a quick spin around the block. I try to
get it out once a week or so, but it's been imprisoned in the garage
since Jan 1. So I agree with you 100% -- get the cars out and people
will connect with them.

Joe Lynn
59 TR3A