Re: TR4A Fan Belt

To: d_hammond@charter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Fan Belt
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:20:39 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2005 11:13:59 AM Central Standard Time,
d_hammond@charter.net writes:
> Guess my motor mounts are worn enough that I don't do anything other than
> jack the engine up a little bit to squeeze it out between the fan and cross
> brace.

There are a couple of styles of fanbelts out there.  Some have a smaller
depth and serations and will fit more easily in the tight spaces.  And since
the
mechanical load on the belt is not all that much the reduction of contact
surface between the belt and the pully should not be an issue.  The thinner
belt
means less flexing and (hopefully) a longer life.

Dave