RE: TR4A Fan Belt

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Fan Belt
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:53:36 -0800
> Is it just me or it there a problem getting the fan belt off a
> TR4?  I can't
> get the belt between the fan extension and the steering rack.  Think I can
> jack up the engine enough to make room without taking off the front engine
> mounts?  Maybe my problem solving skills are a little lacking today....??

IMO, the right solution is to shim up the motor mounts using the same shims
the factory used on the TR3.  Most cars have lost their original shims over
the years, but new ones are available from TRF, P/N 109582.  I think early
TR4s had shims also, but don't have a manual handy to check.  If you don't
want to pay for the proper shims, you could always just stack fender washers
up on the stud.

Randall