Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:13:02 -0500
Don,

  I did mine the old fashioned way. Elbow grease. I used a wire wheel
for the outside. But the wire wheel wouldn't get everywhere so I
scraped with a small flat blade screwdriver, used emery cloth, sand
paper, naval jelly, whatever else I had at hand and hours later I was
able to get them about as free of rust as I was going to get them. You
wont know how much work you have until you get them apart and inspect
them. The insides could be pretty clean, or could be pretty bad. My
site below shows before and after pics but I have quite a few more I
could send to you if you are interested.

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108