Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:25:12 EST
FWIW, the O-ring for between the 2 halves of the brake calipers is still
available from Moss and TRF. I got mine from TRF. It's not listed in their
catalog
, but they had them in stock as of the end of last year. When TRF rebuilds
the calipers, they use 2 old flat screwdrivers that they modified by bending
the
tips and machining two prongs on the end. Takes two people to pry the pistons
out. I suspect they don't separate the halves of the calipers in most
intsances. Also, apparently they don't hone the cylinders or do too much to the
calipers either. Sounds like they work on some badly corroded calipers too and
rarely have one that is not rebuildable.            Tom Miller