RE: GT6: flywheel resurfacing?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6: flywheel resurfacing?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:11:23 -0700
> Randall,  I thought you were a proponent of the old finger clutches,

I still am, for "original" applications.

> but I
> am now to understand you have been using a diaphragm all these years?

I've lost track of when I did the conversion, but it was just a few years
ago, at the same time as my Franken-OD (TR3 shift cover, TR6 box, TR4 OD).
Looking for more performance, so I switched to an aluminum flywheel and the
considerably lighter Laycock diaphragm clutch (and a lightweight starter).
I wouldn't recommend the conversion for everyone, as it will no doubt be
more troublesome than the original clutch (which worked very well except for
a broken taper pin once).  But, I'd have to say I was happy with the result
(even though it was a little more difficult to drive) and will eventually be
moving the parts to my 'new' TR3 (along with a "hot rod" motor when I get it
built).

Randall