Re: GT6: flywheel resurfacing?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6: flywheel resurfacing?
From: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:49:12 -0700
Randall et al.:

Isn't it still a major hassle to change out the rear engine seal even with
the flywheel off?  Don't you still have to drop the oil pan, and undo the
rear main cap and all that stuff?  Am I wrong in thinking that it is
non-trivial to do all this stuff?  I ask because I am planning to replace
the clutch in my 4A and I am just anal enough to obsess about needing to
change out that rear seal...

By the way, is anyone running the "Gunst release bearing" for their clutch?
I am thinking of putting it in my 4A along with a Sachs clutch, the
so-called "majic clutch" from our pals at TRF.  Wondering if it is as good
as I have heard.

Thanks

Chris