Re: Wire wheel studs

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel studs
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:53:41 -0400
The 5/8" was strictly from memory so I'm probably wrong and hope that I am.

At only 1/4" difference it would seem spacers are the way to go, especially for
cars that are not
driven much and if I plan on using 185 Michelin redlines on the wires.

The difference between a 205 and 185 tire is 20mm (.78" or 3/8+" on a side) so
running a 205 on a
steel wheel would seem to be wider than 185 Michelins on a wire with spacers --
unless there is some
other difference between the wires and steels.

Thanks,

Don Malling