Re: Wire wheel studs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheel studs
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:53:34 EDT
Hi Don,

Yes there are. I know Revington TR sells them. Theirs are specially made to
fit TRs, and not a generic spacer to fit various patterns. Keeping the original
length studs also allows using a variety of alloy wheels.

If the decision is made to cut off the existing studs, the special thinner
nuts should be used and then the stud is cut off leaving a thread or two above
the height of the nut, per the factory manual.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L
I understand that there are spacers available that you can place between the
wire wheel hub and the
  bearing hub. They take up the space of the longer steel wheel studs and you
can then switch
between wires and steel wheels.