RE: Wire wheel studs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire wheel studs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:23:03 -0700
> I am in the category of changing to Superlites
> (from wires) and this spacer idea sounds good to me.

Spacers won't help you, you need longer studs for non-wire wheels.

>  Is there a source for the spacers or do I need to have them machined.

Try at your local "custom wheel" shop, they should have them.

> Also, I am a little confused about the rear studs is
> there room to punch out the old stud and pull in the new ones without
> removing the rear hub?  IRS Car...

There was on my Stag, but it might be a bit different than the IRS TRs.  As
I recall, I had to turn the hub to a specific position to get each stud out,
but there seemed to be enough room for a disc wheel stud in that position.
Don't know for sure though, as I was replacing wire with wire.

Randall