Re: Wire wheel studs

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel studs
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:24:52 -0700
Don Malling wrote:

> I've never seen spacers in use, but I wonder how noticeable the wider
> track would be. I can imagine one could see the difference in an A/B
> comparison, but otherwise, I wonder. Have you seen a car with spacers,
> and the wider track is obvious and objectionable?...
> It would be good to hear from folks that use the spacers.

I have used spacers for several years with no apparent problem (so
far).  Here is a pic of the TR3A with the spacers in use:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/tires.JPG

They add 1/4" track to each side... real hard to notice, especially with
skinny tires (those are 165/15).

Okay, the disclaimer - use at your own risk, YMMV, etc.

Geo Hahn