Re: feelings of dread

To: frede.thomas2@verizon.net, tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: feelings of dread
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:02:51 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>

   > PS 1% is actually a quite large sample, plenty to be statistically
> significant.
  > Most surveys are based on a far smaller percentage of the
population.

==========================
  But lets take a sample of the number of cars left on the road, and not
how many were originally produced, then we get a truly fair percentage
of helpful owners on these list, I know what Dave was saying, as usual
correct, I was just expanding as to what this list really stands for
and the folks involved in the dailey dialogue. "FT"

======
Although this isn't directly related to your point, Fred, I realized
that I have evidence that at least 43 of the 679 Triumph Sports 6
convertibles officially sold in the US from late 1962-64 are still
extant. That doesn't count those vehicles stated by their owners to be
parts cars only. This works out to a bit over 6%. I suspect that the
total eventually will prove to be a good bit higher than that, maybe as
many as 100 or more, since "new" ones seem to pop up every so often.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>