Re: Starter update #2 -- now it's wiring

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter update #2 -- now it's wiring
From: Andrew Frink <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:04:52 -0600
Thanks all for the advice. I'm making a little progress, and getting
my head wrapped around the issues a little better. Turns out the
instructions the PO included were an article from the VTR website,
written by Dan Masters.

I did get it hooked up pretty much as Randall described, with the
small difference that #2 was jumped to BATT as Mr. Masters describes.
When I first started the car in this configuration, I got a few
pulses into the + range of the ammeter, with the ignition light going
out with each + pulse. Once underway for a quick test spin, the
ammeter stayed at about 0, with the ignition light glowing very
slightly.

I'm trying to figure out now how to know if I've hooked this up
correctly. I ran a voltmeter across the battery while the engine was
running, and it read about 13 volts, the same as the battery when the
car was off. Just don't want to be running the car off the battery only!

-Drew
from the garage on a laptop, a true 2005 British car moment

--
Andrew Frink
Salt Lake City, UT