RE: Starter update #2 -- now it's wiring

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starter update #2 -- now it's wiring
From: "Andrew Frink" <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:01:14 -0600
On Sep 19, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Randall wrote:

>Does the red light still come on with the key ?

The red light came on bright with the key. After the strange flashy thing, it
went to a dull red.

>Did you try checking the output voltage right at the alternator, with the
>engine at fast idle ?  Also the voltage on terminal #1 (which should be
>similar).

Didn't try either of these. That'll be my fun for this evening. :-) I'm also
going to try running
the sensor input to the starter solenoid instead of to BATT. We'll see if that
makes any
difference. I'm also going to go over all the grounds and make sure they're
good.

Thanks for the help Randall,
-Drew

--