Re: TR3 doors

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, danb@thelittlemacshop.com,
Subject: Re: TR3 doors
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:15:22 -0700
I am not sure this is definitive enough, but Automobil Quarterly
Volumne 28, Number one (1) has an entire section on Triumphs.  On
page 19 there is a picture of a small mouth TR3 with GT kit which
includes Hardtop, and exterior door handles.

"By late 1955, TR3s were rolling off the assembly lines. A new option
was the GT Kit, which included a neat hardtop and outside door
handles and was perfect for serious winter rallies"

I also have a picture of the 1955/56 Triumph Rallye Team which won
the Alpine in Class and all are small mouths with a hardtop and
outside door handles.

Casper is one of these cars (that's my story and I am sticking to it)
he has outside door handles on a flat door, and had a hardtop at one
time  ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L