TR4 Starter Probs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Starter Probs
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:04:08 -0700
Here is the latest update, and I thank all for their previous improvement.  It
certainly was the consensus that my problem was with the choke.  We followed
everyone's comments as to what to look for, and consulted the manual, and all
was fine in that department.  Rechecked the distributor, fuel lines etc.
Opened the top half of the carbs all looked fine.

One item, and seeking anyone's opinion on this are the spark plugs.  In
determining the various problems, the starter one of which was replaced, had
changed the plugs.  The PO had 275 Champion, and actually they looked fairly
well, but they had not been changed in 10 years.  So that was something I did
during the waiting process to receive the new starter etc.  I did not put in
275 Champion, because none to be found, my local parts store suggested a
similar spark plug, sorry don't have the box or name at hand.  Since my friend
and I were at odds with the cold start, I mentioned and spark plugs.  Had to
order 275 Champion, but replaced the old ones.  The other plugs, were already
dark and foul looking, and had not been installed more than a month.  Could
the actual spark plugs be the culprit?  And what type of plugs are others
using?

Tim