Re: TR250 Drive Shaft

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Drive Shaft
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:39:29 -0500
<<There's an entire driveshaft on
eBay at the moment, no bids at $10 when I saw it.

And the "parts" alone are worth that, folks!!!

And BTW, I SERIOUSLY recommend that if you have never done the u-joints
since YOU have owned car; take to an automotive machine shop with parts
(trust me, they will not mind<G>) in hand and request that they do the job
WHILST you watch!!!  (and learn<G>)

Then have the assemble thing balanced.

First time might cost you $30 - $40 but is WELL worth it!!

Also (in some frames of mind??), it is best to mark the trans/rear end
flanges vs shaft flanges prior to removing shaft.

And ALWAYS replace nuts (lock washers when used) and nuts (be they NyLocs,
steel Locs or plain) with REAL Grade 5 hardware.

Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org