RE: Paint: Fenders on or off?

To: <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint: Fenders on or off?
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:04:39 -0400
I'm not a professional but I was concerned about messing up the new paint
and getting everything straight again when I rebuilt my TR-3.  I ended up
putting the fenders on and left a spacer between the fender and the body.
It was just enough to get the paint into the seam then let me loosen the
screws, very carefully install the beading and tighten everything up. Worked
like a charm for me, but then I really don't like using masking if at all
possible.
Pete