Re: How long run if car not charging at all?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How long run if car not charging at all?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:31:38 -0400
On 19 Oct 2005 at 21:36, ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:

> Mostly daylight driving in clear weather means very little
> overall demand  for juice, but rainy days (headlights required in rain
> in NY -- a good idea,  IMHO) and night driving would take the battery
> down quite a bit more  quickly.

I would think that starting the car is a pretty big demand though for
a short time.  Given good weather and daylight, the number of days
you can drive on one battery is probably limited by how many times
your start it (twice a day, to and from work?) more than by the
actual distance you drive.  But then, what do I know?

> I suspect that you'd find pretty much the same results with a TR4. If
> you're worried, buy a cheap Group 24 battery

Tha's what I wuz gonna' suggest.  Just carry a spare battery!  It's
cheap insurance.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com