Re: How long run if car not charging at all?

To: tr4@drooartz.com
Subject: Re: How long run if car not charging at all?
From: tbe749@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:14:42 -0400
I haven't had any time to work on the TR4 lately, so I've been doing
theoretical work, trying to understand what I've been seeing with the charging
system. A question I have now--if your alternator/generator was not charging at
all, and you left home with a fully charged battery, how far would you get?

>From the time I bought the car, to when I pulled it off the road, I probably
>drove 100 - 150 miles over multiple trips. My guess is that the alternator was
>providing some charge, since it lasted that long. I'm wondering this, since in
>3 weeks (if all goes well) we are moving to a new house about 40 miles away.
>I'd prefer to drive the TR4 if possible, and am trying to figure out if my
>chances are good of making it if I give the battery a good, full charge.

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink

We recently drove the 250 from near Lexington, Ky to Indy late afternoon near
dusk time with the ignition light glaring at me. That's probably over 150 miles
with the last 75 miles or so with lights on. Well, sometimes. I'd say 40 miles
would be cake with a fully charged battery to start.

Tom Beaver
Indy

===     http://www.vtr.org