Re: How long run if car not charging at all?

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: How long run if car not charging at all?
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:10:16 -0600
R. Ashford Little II wrote:

>OK, I'll bite, what is it about a diesel that answers the question?

Diesels don't have spark plugs, and the '76 (early body style) has a
mechanical fuel injector. Once it's running, it keeps on running using
the magic of diesel. For our '76 MB 240D, you turn it off by pushing a
knob that shuts off the fuel supply.

In fact, I could have turned it off then push started it -- or if it was
cold, towed it in gear until the cylinders warmed up enough to "fire" --
and I could have driven home anyway.

Steven

===     http://www.vtr.org