Re: Now VTR Membership was Re: Crash pad replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Now VTR Membership was Re: Crash pad replacement
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:52:37 -0800
I'm not a VTR member.  I won't join them now.  Holding the tech tips ransom to
force membership isn't right.  Besides, those tech tips just aren't that
valuable.  I can get better information right here, tailor suited to my
specific situation.  I do contribute monetarily to this list and to my local
Triumph club.

VTR is a fine organization and a valuable member of the Triumph community.
They seem to put on great shows (unfortunately, mostly East Coast).  But I'm a
firm believer that information on the internet should be free.  Offhand, I
can't think of another Triumph internet resource that charges for tech tips.
Even Moss Motors provides their tech tips for free.

Sorry VTR, but you're off base on this one.

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, California
1964 TR4
1956 TR3