RE: Tenax Question

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tenax Question
From: Bryan Reese <a241blr63@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:42:28 -0800
Having just assembled my windscreen, I learned that the problem with the
new Tenax pegs to be the fact that the threads do not go all the way to
the base of the peg. This unthreaded portion is actually smaller
diameter overall than the threaded portion, for some reason. The result
is that the windscreen frame at that point is thin enough that the
threads go right on past the wall, allowing the peg to spin freely, even
though the peg is bottomed out.

Moss sells a set of plastic washers (315-168) to alleviate the problem,
and also minimizing the possibility that the stud will contact the
glass. Rather than fool with the set from Moss, I would take my pegs to
a good hardware store and buy the washers.

Bryan Reese

===     http://www.vtr.org