Installing a cutoff switch

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing a cutoff switch
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:52:10 -0500
Where should I install a cutoff switch on my TR3?  Suggestions can include
both where I should hide it and where in the schematic I should interupt the
12V.
    I can't remember if there's any need to have ANY electricity flowing
when the key is shut off on my car. On second thought, let me install a
cigarette lighter with continous power. But I guess that's all.
    Is there anything wrong with running heavy (10 or 12ga.)automotive cable
to this switch from the battery.  Is the length of this cable (1to 6 feet)
an issue?  What will happen if the switch accidentily gets cut off while I'm
driving?
    The switch itself is only has 2 terminals but is heavy duty (I won it at
a VTR convention).  I'll need to shield it's terminals in a secure fashion.
I don't see an amperage rating listed on this non-locking switch, but it
looks similar to
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006124/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2006124/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=cutoff
Thanks tremendously,
Paul Dorsey