Re: Crankshaft welded to block was Death of Me

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft welded to block was Death of Me
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:01:39 -0700
Paul,

I had a locked up problem with a motor I built 15 years ago.  The
problem was that one of the main bearings was too large.  I was buying
directly from the warehouse.  I returned the bad main set and got a new
one and the problem was solved.  You may want to talk to the machine
shop to see if they had test rotated the crank after installation.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org