Re: [TR] Heated Seats & Power Windows

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Heated Seats & Power Windows
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:28:31 -0700
acekraut11@aol.com wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, I wondered if anyone has fitted either power
> windows or heated seats to your Triumph.  Personally, I could see the
> luxury of heated seats though I kinda like the whole window winding
> thing.  If you have done this "upgrade", what have you used as a
> product, and are you happy with the change?  Any been there, done that
> advice or stories?

I have a friend north of Denver who installed heated seats in his TR4.
He raves about them. Apparently they're a real plus for the S.O. who
might otherwise show limited enthusiasm for a brisk evening drive. He's
not an expert DIY mechanic but found the install really straightforward.
He had already done an alternator conversion, so that wasn't an issue
for him. I sent him a quick note and will forward the brand info when I
hear from him. Be sure to label the switch for the seat heaters "ejector
seat".

As for wind-up windows, seems like a lot of complexity and weight for
the modest convenience. If your windows aren't winding easily, an
overhaul of the regulator mechanism might be all you really need. For
me, I enjoy the puzzled looks of young passengers who can't find a
button to open the windows in my '66 Volvo wagon -- they won't be able
to find a cup holder either.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.