Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 23:26:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/2006 11:11:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:

In fact,  I proably ruined the threads by overtightening the canister
bolt, and it  still didn't pull it up tight enough for a seal and it leaked
out even  more!  Even though I've never had this Triumph running much,  I'm
overdue for one of those regular oil filter conversion kits, but, if  I
happen to find out that I did strip the canister bolt, can I still  convert?
It is worth it, right?  Any tricks I'm  overlooking?

==AM==
Paul, anyone who won't admit to what I'm about to suggest is lying.  ;-)

Did you replace the gasket between the cannister and the block?

Are you sure it seated properly (and fit well to begin with)?

Are you sure the old gasket was completely removed before the above? or
might there be part or all of TWO gaskets now?

Honest, we've all been there (c'mon gang, ADMIT IT)! There are some
advantages to be had with a spin-on conversion kit, but there's little
inherently
"wrong" with the original setup.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org