Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 00:03:25 +0200
I'm with Bill Pugh on this one. I never found a way to change the paper
cartridge without spilling most of the oil from the canister, and that
always missing the receptacle placed underneath for the purpose of catching
it. Also I fell into the dreaded two gasket trap years ago and until I
fitted the conversion always had to get under the car with a sharp hook and
a bright torch (flashlight in the colonies) to get the old gasket out,
generally ending up lying in the oil that had just spilt out of the
canister. Also I don't miss fiddling with those washers and that spring and
the O ring.
The last messing about with the gasket was when I fitted the adaptor. Then I
used loctite on the thread holding the adaptor on and ever since (about
three years ago) the new oil filters have replaced each other with no
problems at all.
Of course YMMV!

David Brister
1967 TR4A.