[TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 23:11:43 -0400
I am in deep trouble.  My driveway's a mess!  Each day the puddle widens.
Is that alone not proof enough that I have a Triumph?  I say, "Yeah, but
since it's brand new oil, it'll clean up better..."  And that's the hardest
dang oil filter I've ever tried to change!
    In fact, I proably ruined the threads by overtightening the canister
bolt, and it still didn't pull it up tight enough for a seal and it leaked
out even more!  Even though I've never had this Triumph running much, I'm
overdue for one of those regular oil filter conversion kits, but, if I
happen to find out that I did strip the canister bolt, can I still convert?
It is worth it, right?  Any tricks I'm overlooking?

Thanks, -getting very close to 4 minutes of run-time thusfar-
Paul Dorsey, 60 TR3A w/ TR4 engine

===     http://www.vtr.org