Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] oil filter conversion kit (canister to regular)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:31:56 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/2006 10:33:36 PM Central Standard Time,
ZoboHerald@aol.com writes:
> Paul, anyone who won't admit to what I'm about to suggest is lying.  ;-)
>
> Did you replace the gasket between the cannister and the block?
>
> Are you sure it seated properly (and fit well to begin with)?
>
> Are you sure the old gasket was completely removed before the above? or
> might there be part or all of TWO gaskets now?
>
> Honest, we've all been there (c'mon gang, ADMIT IT)! There are some
> advantages to be had with a spin-on conversion kit, but there's little
> inherently
> "wrong" with the original setup.

Maybe I've FOUND two gaskets in there but I never put one in without taking
one out.  Honest injun!  No really!  At least to the best of my recollection.

The problem I always had with my MGB (back in the 70's) was the little O-ring
that goes under the bolt head.  Those were not included with the filter.

Dave

P.S. if there is two gaskets in there they there is at least one unstripped
thread.  <G>

===     http://www.vtr.org