Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:18:34 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/2006 4:59:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph@btinternet.com writes:

AFAIK,  all the stripes were fitted/painted at the factory. Can't see what
useful  purpose would have been served in getting the dealers to fit them -
unless  the car was transit damaged. Even if it was, this is something that
would  have been fixed by the importing company prior to release to the
dealer.
I  well recall earning valuable extra overtime on Saturdays by carrying  out
stockchecks at the Honeybourne transit park on TR5's and 250's. Quite  apart
from checking the commission numbers fixed to the screen, the only  immediate
'distant' identifier was the stripe. When confronted with up to  10,000 cars
in
one parking lot in (fairly) neat rows, you look for the one  distinguishing
feature - and that's the  stripe.

Very Good John,
That may end any debate on this Dealer Installation legend.  However,  I
swear "honest Injun" the one TR250 I saw, brought into Team Triumph here in
the
States as an original, unrestored Signal Red TR250 had an applied,  reflective
silver tape on it.  I was astonished at the time since the vast  majority of
TR250's stripes were obviously painted on.  Is it possible that  some 3M
salesman was just trying to save the Company a few Bucks and a few were  sent
out as
Trial Balloons?
You Guys Love to confuse us don't you?
Cheers,