[TR] start up problems??

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] start up problems??
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:12:18 -0400
My computer's limping again...
so an archive search is out of the question..

My oil pressure has been weak in my newly (professionally) & fully rebuilt
engine and today it went under 10-20psi, so I immediatly cut it off..  I'm
wondering what might be the cause.
It's got 20W-50 oil,
eng temp never got over 185 degrees,
(both water temp and oil pressure gauges watched closely),
it averaged 3000 rpm's over the 10 minutes it ran,
for most of that time it held on 40 psi of oil pressure.
I'm continuing to have weak vacuum at the rear SU, however,
all intake ports have good suction with intake manifold removed
Engine timing seems good, motor sounds good
SU's have not been balanced for suction yet (could this be the problem)
doubtfully, since both carb's pistons rise and fall together (that's strange
now that I think about it? How can there be weak vacuum in only rear carb,
but, also both pistons rise and fall identically when temp. throttled?

Suggestions?-
Tomorrow, I will attempt to use my new carb balancer and adjust (i think)

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org