Re: [TR] What's the WORST Car You've Ever Owned?

To: bbrewer@tvwireless.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] What's the WORST Car You've Ever Owned?
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:13:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2006 7:04:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bbrewer@tvwireless.net writes:

Just curious. I asked about Mercedes Benz 300TD wagons. I  got several off
list responses where owners swore by them and several  ex-owners who swore at
them.
The WORST car I ever  owned was a 1979 VW Rabbit diesel. I loved the "no
ignition - 50 mpg" stuff  and actually enjoyed the gutless performance because
it made your driving  skills interactive with the driving experience. You had
to work to get it  to go efficiently and quickly. However, the car began
losing
compression  and it started when I was going down the freeway and the car
began
accelerating uncontrollably. I stood on the brakes and forced it to a  stop
with the car in gear (otherwise the engine would overspeed). Then the  assbite
car wouldn't start. It would crank endlessly. Turned out that when  the engine
got hot it would begin dieselling on its own crankcase oil. Then  there wasn't
enough compression to restart it. You could push start it with  the bumper of
pickup going about 30 mph, but not by pushing by hand.  Argh!
The first time this happened, I missed my  grandfather's death. He had
been asking to see me before he died and the VW  screwed me. I was going to
total the car out of spite (a rollover when have  been fun), but instead I
drove the little car to Pick-A-Part. GFYS ya  little assbite car. I did kick
in
one door, which made me feel  better.
What is the worst car other listers have  owned?

Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, CA

I never met a car I didn't love!
Mike Moore