Re: [TR] What's the WORST Car You've Ever Owned?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] What's the WORST Car You've Ever Owned?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:58:02 -0700
First it's ranting on Mercedes, now it's everyone pick a car to rant on...
We're getting off topic here.... but what fun! I just love the chance to
bitch about the '87 Mercury Sable I bought new.  That  was when Ford was
saying "quality is job one". I still wonder how far down the list you had to
go before getting to "building cars". The first year was ok, but by the end
of the second year, we had replaced every radiator and heater hose, motor
mounts, fender bolts (just popped out), head bolts (they designed the engine
so that head bolts would go through the water jacket - is anyone else that
stupid?), and every computer chip in the car including the ones for the high
priced heating system and the ones that would fail in the middle of the
road. After the second year the car really went downhill.

But that's not why I will never buy another Ford product. Everytime I took
it back to the dealer I got a song and dance, like "it wouldn't do it for
us" but this part or the other is bad and that is not covered on your 60,000
mile bumper to bumper warranty. After bringing it in 3 times because the oil
pressure light would come on at idle and getting 3 different stories on why
they couldn't fix it or claims that they did, the car finally passed 60,000
miles and when I brought it back the 4th time they said, "Oh yeah, we got a
bulletin, you need a new motor and no we won't cover it". I wrote to
everyone all the way up to Detroit and got very polite "F---k you very much"
in return.

I can understand the occasional lemon and i know a lot of people had zero
problems with the Tarus/Sable cars, but a company that lacks commitment to
its products and won't own up to its mistakes lacks quality throughout and
will get no more of my business.

Do you think I'm still angry about that car?  :-)
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org