RE: [TR] colors

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] colors
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:45:20 -0700
> i'm struggling.  so how about some opinions?  who thinks what color looks
> best?  other than "its your car; do what you want" what should i do???????

Just a thought, Oliver, you could try having a less expensive paint job put
on to see how you like it.  One of your local "discount" auto paint shops
(like One Day or Maaco) can give you an adequate "10 foot" paint job for
just a few hundred $$ (if no body work is required).

I took my previous TR3A to One Day, and had them take it to bare metal (only
on the outside), do a fair amount of body work (some SOB did a number on my
front apron with his SUV) and rust repair, skim with bondo (to make the
panels match), and paint it in a nice dark green metalflake with a black
racing stripe; for a total cost of about $1000.  Certainly not "show
quality", but it looked good and I got lots of compliments.

They even guaranteed it against chips & flakes for 3 years.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org