Re: [TR] colors

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] colors
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:38:59 -0400
I'd go for a big metal flake orange gold.

On second thought please don't. The world does not need another metalflake
gold TR. I know cause that's what I did on my TR2 when I was 17.........
looks hideous to me now...... Please don't ask for pictures - I get enough
(how could you) comments about the ones on the web already....

For the TR2, I will probably go with the orignal color, even though I don' t
know what to call it.  The paint left under the dash and various areas under
the inner fenders  shows it was a pastel green.  But I digress. I forget,
this is about your color.

If you like the original color as well as any other - I'd go original.
(watch the original color will have been red).

I still like the powder blue idea.  I think that any bad feelings left over
from the blue paint fiasco will fade quickly once you start pulling the
masking tape off of it!!!!   Please make sure you are there when the tape
and masking paper is removed - better than Christmas!!!!!

At the end of the day - the car needs to match your vision for it in order
for you to feel it is a success.

When I painted my TR4, I felt my car looked so good in grey primer that I
almost clear coated that and called it quits!!!  I was in such a hurry to be
finished I went to the paint store and bought a gallon and a half of white
arcylic enamel - did not even try to match paint. (Oh the humanity!!!)

Sounds like it's going to be a beauty in any color!!!

Chris

1954 TR2 (Gold metalflake and red primer - and a wee bit of surface rust in
a place or two)
1963 TR4 (Plain old White with grey primer underneath - one day to be
returned to the original white when the fiberglass fenders are replaced with
metal)

===     http://www.vtr.org