Re: [TR] garage floor paint recommendation

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] garage floor paint recommendation
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:24:40 -0400
My neighbor bought a system from Eastwood and really likes it - it has
flakes on top which may help with the tire pulling issue.  He has had no
problems with adhesion.

I'm going to need to move to a new coating for my Garage floor. I have no
idea what kind of paint is on it today.  All I know is that it has lifted up
in several places and has reacted or softened due to some of the stronger
cleaning agents I have used on it.  It seems to hold up to motor oil just
fine...... ;).  It is not doing the job any longer.

Now I'm faced with a bigger problem than which expoxy to choose - If I don't
get this off the floor it looks like any system will perform marginally or
have the potential to react.

Anyone got any ideas on how to strip this large of an area?   Don't want to
pressure wash if at all possible - drywall on all walls.....  I wish I had a
top quality finish on the floor to begin with

thanks

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org