RE: [TR] sticking SU piston

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] sticking SU piston
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:51:02 -0400
Thanks for your reply, I will try several suggestions.

Meanwhile, this person responded to using goop for my fuel pump gasket
shown below, Id like your reaction please.  I am using the orange colored
(but in a red tube) Permatex Hi-Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker.  I also have
a tube of something similar, also made by Permatex and called Ultra Black
Hi-Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker.  The instructions on the first goop says
spread a bead from 1/16-1/4 thick on the part, while the Black goop says to
spread an even continuous 1/8 bead on the part.  With my shaking hands, I
chose the former.

But if gas does this, Id rather order a paper gasket.  Now that I think
about it- the gasket really should have no contact with gas, right?

Paul

   _____