Re: towing question time again

To: geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: towing question time again
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@phase.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:29:17 -0600 (MDT)
I've used a '94 Cherokee for towing a single axle trailer and about
1500 pounds of Triumph Spitfire.  It works, but the Cherokee has a
short wheelbase, and only weighs 29xx pounds empty.  So the car and
trailer end up being over 50% of the tow vehicle weight.  One does on
occasion get a case of the tail wagging the dog.  Currently I'm having
troubles keeping the Cherokee cool, a new radiator is on the RealSoonNow
list, before the broken fitting I kloodged together comes apart again.

Now, when I tow with the 1 ton Ford cargo van, I have yet to discern any
differnce in the performance of that vehicle with or without the trailer.

mjb.