Re: towing question time again

To: geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: towing question time again
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:19:36 EDT
geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<
 Does anybody tow with a 6-cyl. Jeep? How does it do? >>

The Duke gets towed by a Cherokee with the inline 6. Everywhere we go from
home base its over some serious hills and the jeep loaded with too much stuff
in the back (mostly heavy iron stuff) and a heavy trailer (about 3500 pounds
with car), does tend to get a little winded on the upside of the long hills.
Other than that it seems pretty good as it settles down to an even
temperament on the freeway but I did put air shocks on the back as it
definitely was down at the rear haunches and my driveway is a rather serious
uphill transition.

The tow rig looks like Xmas coming down the road...bright green Jeep,
brighter red Triumph.