Re: Leaking shifter rod seals

To: Todd Bermudez <fattr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Leaking shifter rod seals
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:58:31 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Todd Bermudez wrote:

> Cliff,

[stuff deleted]

> Careful on tightening the bolts that secure the seal
> cover plate.  Stripped one of mine...luckily there was enough thread left
> deeper in the hole to get a longer bolt to hold.

Don't forget that heli-coils are a good solution to stripped out holes.
I've done several tranny cover to gearcase ones... This job can be done
without dismantling the tranny...

Of course we all know that you're supposed to oil the bolts before you put
them back in to prevent this (or use ati-seize), right?

> Todd Bermudez
> TR250
> CD3705L
> CD198L

rml
TR6's
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |