Options for TR250 carbs and cam

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Options for TR250 carbs and cam
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:03:03 -0400
I understand that the stock TR250 was about 105hp, and the TR5 was 150hp
with a different cam and Fuel Injection or webers?

I have also been told that removing the stock strombergs will devalue
the car, and that I can do just as well as the webers with modifications
to the strombergs.

What are the opinions out there? New cam? remove air pollution? Fuel
Injection? webers?

I am looking for a "restoration" that I can license as a classic and
drive a couple of times a week on nice days. I'm not after a show car.

I'm the original owner and it has 60K original miles. I probably won't
sell it, and would enjoy the performance increase if it would be
significant.

Thanks in advance for helping a new-bee

Don Malling