Re: Options for TR250 carbs and cam

To: J B <jb_2email@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Options for TR250 carbs and cam
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:17:25 -0400
John,

Well, I did say that I had performed some modifications (ignition, fan and
K&Ns) to my stock car.  My best timing slip from Carlsbad Raceway says
16.81s and 80mph over the 1/4.  Now that may not be better than the magazine
quotes, but auto journalists are generally brutal to a car, AND the car
provided to them is a ringer, thus those numbers are generally not
indicative of the numbers that thee or me will attain.  Anyway, my time slip
did better 2 stock 240Zs that were at the strip the same day, and I did
ascertain from the drivers that they were not bracket racing, but were
trying to beat my time!

I have a lot of respect for the very early Zs, and they can be made to go a
lot faster than the TR6 for fewer dollars.  But lets face it, the TR6 was
already an old car when the 240Z was introduced.

While I'm ragging on auto journalists, they are paid to sell copy that sells
new cars.  If they are comparing a newly introduced car with a car that is
nearing the end of its run, no editor will publish an article that says the
old has-been is better than the new kid on the block.

Cheers,

Shane Ingate now in Maryland