RE: Paint Color Change?

To: Nick Gemas <gln@worldpath.net>
Subject: RE: Paint Color Change?
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:47:15 -0500
the DPO on my '63 big Healey painted the car a pale yellow that is the paint
code for a '72 Chevy truck (I know because I have the receipt).

Sounds terrible ... but in fact it is a color that sets off the lines of the
car beautifully, and is slightly "warmer" than the "correct" yellow for
these cars. (unfortunately, it was a poor quality respray OVER the previous
white, and he didn't bother with the engine compartment or boot.)

So put me down as voting for creativity over authenticity, too.

Graham