RE: Paint Color Change?

To: "'Shane Ingate'" <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>, <gln@worldpath.net>
Subject: RE: Paint Color Change?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:40:17 -0400
So you are going with the magenta?

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6pack@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-6pack@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Shane Ingate
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 4:02 PM
To: gln@worldpath.net
Cc: 6 Pack

Nick Gemas wrote:

> What I'd like is some input from the crew on the idea of changing from
the
> original color. Will it reduce the overall value of the car?

The "hot" colors for resale are (in order) reds, blues and yellows.
Yellow
is "this year's color", as evidenced by all the 2000+ year cars running
around.  I would think that in "normal" times greens would be the most
likely color in third place for resale.

Having said all of that, my car (which is being sandblasted today!) will
not
be painted Signal Red, or any red for that matter.  I'm not telling what
it
will be painted (you will all know soon enough), but it is quite
uncommon,
and daring.  It will also be "permanent", in that it may not be possible
(for a reasonable price) to change the color.  Intrigued?  Yeah!

As David Friedlander says, its your car.  The color I have chosen will
be a
big hit in terms of resale, but I do not intend to sell it.  I'm just
going
to have fun.

Cheers,

Shane Ingate in Maryland