Re: TR6 track experience

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 track experience
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 09:31:06 -0400
Kai,

This is exactly what I did with my throttle linkage years ago.  I got
annoyed with the play in the stock W. Heath Robinson linkage, and replaced
it with a cable.  This eliminated nearly all the free play allowing really
nice throttle control - not that it ever made a noticeable difference in my
"fireball" stock motor, but perception counts for a lot!  I'd recommend this
mod to anyone wanting more throttle control.  I found all the parts at a
shop selling air-cooled VW hotrod stuff, but any hotrod shop should have it.

Good luck with the car.  Please post some pictures of the "new" baby.

Shane Ingate in Maryland

"I really have a secret satisfaction in being considered rather mad."
    - W. Heath Robinson