Re: Fw: TR6 track experience

To: Shawn Loseke <sloseke@engr.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: Fw: TR6 track experience
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:40:54 -0400
Shawn Loseke wrote:

>    If triple Webers or Strombergs aren't considered overkill, don't
> worry about two 2" carbs like the HD8's. Of course some may
> think they are, but not if you have the lift, duration and
> commpression to handle it. A friend of mine has that set up on
> his TR6 and it works very well.  We constantly argue about
> which is better. Of course, we are each biased to our own set
> ups.

Well consider that the TR6 supercharger kit that I had, and others on the
list have, uses a single HD8... I know that I don't need that much
carburetion to produce power.  The HD8s are not pressurized in the
supercharger application either, it is still suck-through.  Anyway... the
"new" car has a Crane mild cam but I don't think any headwork was done.

It doesn't matter, it is all coming off and another supercharger going on.
Spearco intercooler arrived a few days ago and I'm waiting for another M62
unit from Magnuson.  We'll go from there... I finally have the time and
money to pick-up where I left off with my last TR6.  Steve at Integral Cams
will be getting my supercharger cam specs by next week's end as well!
WOOHOO!

I agree that HD8s aren't overkill if they're configured correctly, but that
is something I don't have control over until I bring the car home.  I've
been spending the past week cleaning up my workshop and other space.  I
finally broke down an MGB front suspension that has been sitting on the
floor for two years!

Cheers all!

Kai