Re: Advice on Carbs (follow-up)

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Advice on Carbs (follow-up)
From: "David J Stauffacher" <dstauffa@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:23:48 -0700
I think you are right.  My dizzy has that little micro adjustment nut that
lets me fine tune the timing.  The dizzy also has just one vacumn unit but
it is not connected to anything (plugged off).  My car uses mechanical
advance only which means less headaches when tuning but makes for a
somewhat rough idle.

David J. Stauffacher
1970 TR6 PI
Ramona, Ca

I wonder if Corey was referring to the thumbscrew on early distributors
that allows you to tweak the timing in small increments?  I'm not that
familiar but I think that was the intention of that thumbscrew.

> (I can't picture any "nut and bolt" vacuum adjustment here)

Jay